• SPRING 2019 •
HOW WE WORK
So, if you’ve taught at Write CY before, you remember this is the way it worked. We paid instructors €50 per class or €80 per one-off workshop, with a 4-student minimum, and the balance of the student enrollments went to Write CY.
This is the way we’re going to do it this time around. Instructors pay a €40 flat fee to Write CY for any 2-or-3-hour workshop or class and keep the rest. We think this will be fairer for instructors, who will be able to earn more money from the classes they’re designing. But there are a few things you’ll need to keep in mind, which we've outlined below.
THE NEW MODEL
WHAT YOU GET
- use of our brand new space
- utlities, including projector
- coffee & tea for instructors and students
- website event design and launch
- newsletter design and launch
- Facebook and Twitter posts
WHAT YOU DO
- handle registrations and payments
- communicate with your students
- bring all the materials you need for your class or workshop
- handle any additional promotion of your class or workshop through your professional & social networks
- clean up our space after each class/workshop
OTHER IMPORTANT STUFF
Please send the following info to us no later than 25 January 2019:
- your course or workshop description (for Greek classes, please provide a description in English as well.) If you'd like to see an example of a course description, check out Story Craft.
- an author photo & bio (150 words should be enough)
- any additional information you want on the website event page or in the newsletter, i.e. links to websites and social, testimonials, video or any additional text or images
- how much you intend to charge for your course or workshop and the age group (i.e. kids, teens or adults)
The registration form on the Write CY website will connect directly to your email, so all registration notices will also go directly to you in the form of an email. Please remember to check your email, confirm student registrations, communicate any important information and remind them as the day of your event approaches.
You’re free to charge your students whatever you want, but €20/2-hour class and €40/one-off 3-hour workshop has worked well in the past. For self-supported students with an ID card and for retirees, you might consider offering a discount. Our standard discount has always been 25%, but feel free to set your own.
If you want to do an interview on our blog, either audio or print, or if you have any other ideas about promoting your event, get in touch. We’re totally into helping you build an audience for your class or workshop.
Please remember to tidy up after your event. If you don’t, we’ll have to hire a cleaner and that will cost €10.
Still have questions? Email us here or call us at +357 22 270 247.